CARDIFF MET scored two second half goals to claim their first win of the season against Penybont on Tuesday night (Aug 31).

Both sides went into the game on the back of draws on Saturday (Aug 28) as Penybont drew 1-1 with champions Connah’s Quay while the Met were held to a goalless draw by Bala.

The Bont made the perfect start to the game as, just three minutes in, a cross from Mael Davies found the head of Sam Snaith whose effort was saved but Nathan Wood was there to pick up the rebound and put the Bont ahead.

With fifteen minutes gone, Harry Chubb sent a cross deep into the Bont box for Matt Chubb couldn’t quite connect.

Charlie Corsby then had an effort for the Met but he saw his shot from distance go wide of the posts.

Midway through the first half, Bont’s Keane Watts fires a shot low and hard but it went narrowly wide.

Ten minutes before half time the Met were finally level as Adam Roscrow scored to make it 1-1.

Just a minute later Kane Owen stood over a free kick for the Bont but he sent his effort narrowly over.

It remained level at the break with both sides looking to go on and win the game in the second half.

With ten minutes of the half gone, Mael Davies was penalised for a foul in the box and the Met had a penalty. Eliot Evans converted the spot kick to put the home side ahead.

They made it 3-1 soon after as Harry Owen burst through the Bont defence before firing low into the net.

The Bont pushed forward looking to get back into the game and a Davies cross looked to pick out Sam Snaith but Alex Lang in the Met goal came out to collect.

Four minutes of added time were signalled and in the first of those the Bont pulled a goal back as sub Lewis Clutton scored on his birthday.

There were no further celebrations however as the Met hung on for a 3-2 win.

On Saturday (Sept 4), Cardiff Met are in action in the second round of the Welsh Cup as they travel to Pontardawe Town.

Penybont are also in action in the Welsh Cup as they host Undy Athletic.