DESPITE another battling display at Parc y Werin, Cwmgors slipped to an eighth Division 3 West Central A defeat from ten starts as Nantymoel notched the victory.
The home side, playing the first half with a strong tail wind behind them, had their defence breached on twenty minutes when the visitors crossed for the opening try.
A further penalty try followed on the half hour as ‘Gors fell further behind, but the Cherries at least got onto the scoreboard before halftime when Andrew Mason sent over a penalty.
The Cwmgors defence cracked for a third time early in the second half, but at least they managed to avoid Nant earning the bonus point try.
In fact, they did grab the final word and the last score of the game when some excellent driving work by the Cherries’ forwards was rewarded with a well-deserved try for Mike Jones.
Cwmgors will end their league campaign with another home fixture, against third placed Abercrave on May 7.
- Wales’ longest station name: How it got its name, and what it means by Doug Evans
- Abergeirw: The last village in Wales to get electricity by Doug Evans
- Warning of serious disruption on M4 and M5 today due to fuel prices protest by heraldwales
- Top ten famous Welsh people by Elfed Jones
- Welsh Government paid £1m over asking price for farm by Jon Coles
- Wrexham complete first summer signing by James Hemingray
- FIM World Supercross Championships set to roar into Cardiff by James Hemingray
- Indigo Premiership fixtures released for 2022/23 season by James Hemingray