SWEDISH-developed performance energy drink brand, NOCCO (No Carbs Company), has announced a multi-year partnership with the Welsh Rugby Union.
NOCCO will be the official energy drink across the Welsh Rugby Union including the male, female and 7s elite teams and will kick off by supporting the men’s squad as they head to South Africa next month for their summer tour.
The WRU teams will be using NOCCO products and equipment at all forthcoming matches & tournaments including the Autumn Nations Series and the Guiness Six Nations.
Last month, NOCCO grew its presence in rugby through signing Louis Rees-Zammit, Kyle Sinckler and Ben Curry to their impressive roster of athletes.
NOCCO drinks pack a nutritional high-energy punch with the key ingredients of 180mg caffeine, zero sugar and 3000mg branched chain amino acids (BCAAs).
They also contain B-Vitamins. The newest flavour which launched last month, Mango, joins their core flavours; Blood Orange, Limon, Miami (Strawberry), Caribbean (Pineapple), Tropical, Passion, Ice Soda and Red Berries. They also have two non-caffeinated flavours, Apple and Citrus & Elderflower.
Matt Hollier, Managing Director at NOCCO, commented:“We are excited to be partnering with the WRU and very much looking forward to supporting players, clubs & fans alike with NOCCO products and activity.”
Amy Tickner, Head of Marketing at NOCCO, said: “NOCCO is already loved across the rugby community, so this is a natural step into the very heartland of the sport in the UK.”
WRU CEO, Steve Phillips, said: “We are delighted to welcome NOCCO to the Welsh rugby stable as a key partner and supplier to our national teams. As a multinational health food and drinks company, with a global repuation for producing high quality products for senior athletes and health conscious adults, their brand is an ideal fit for Welsh rugby.”
WRU Group Performance Director, Nigel Walker, added:“NOCCO will be supporting all of our senior performance teams over the next two years, starting with the senior men’s Wales squad as they travel to South Africa for three important Test matches next month.
“There is real synergy between NOCCO products and the demands of performance sport and this is a partnership which will produce direct benefits for all of our senior athletes.”
- Top ten famous Welsh people by Elfed Jones
- Tryweryn – The Welsh village flooded to supply an English city with water by Doug Evans
- Young rugby stars are riding crest of a wave by James Hemingray
- Wales’ longest station name: How it got its name, and what it means by Doug Evans
- Paws for thought: Are there big cats roaming Wales? by Doug Evans
- Brownlee and Matthews bring it home at inaugural Swansea Ironman by James Hemingray
- Up and coming Welsh Trance producer could take US by storm by Thomas Sinclair
- Choir members plan 250-mile cycle ride for Bronglais Chemo Appeal by Cerys Lafferty