CONNAH’S QUAY NOMADS ran out 6-1 winners against Caernarfon Town in the JD Cymru Premier on Tuesday (Apr 13) at The Oval.

Goals from Declan Poole, Michael Wilde, George Horan and a Danny Davies brace saw the visiting Nomads pick up another important win in the Championship Conference.

The game was Nomads’ second of phase two, and they were looking to return to winning ways after a rare home loss to Penybont the previous Saturday.

Andy Morrison made four changes, bringing in Jamie Insall, Danny Davies, Neil Danns and Declan Poole into the starting line up to replace Craig Curran, Aeron Edwards, Aron Williams and George Horan.

Caernarfon manager Huw Griffiths meanwhile started a familiar Cofi side including former Nomads Michael Hayes and Noah Edwards.

The live Sgorio fixture kicked off, and Nomads were soon creating chances in the Cofi’s final third. Danny Davies helped launch their attacks, with runs down the left wing to try and find the likes of Wilde and Insall waiting in the area.

After 10 minutes, the game was fairly even as Andy Morrison’s side worked hard to create opportunities to get past the Cofi defence.

And the visitor’s breakthrough came in the 15th minute, when Jamie Insall made a wily interception to find Neil Danns, who held up the ball before finding Declan Poole running into the Caernarfon area on the overlap.

Poole received the ball and struck low into the bottom left corner to give Nomads the lead, but this was short lived as despite Connah’s Quay enjoying the majority of the possession, Caernarfon equalised with one of their first chances.

Jake Bickerstaff made a run down the left wing, and cut into the area before sending a shot past John Disney and keeper Ollie Byrne in the 24th, bringing things level once again at The Oval.

With the game well and truly on after less than 30 minutes, Nomads were targeting the host’s final third once more as they looked to take control of the proceedings.

Jamie Insall was battling hard at the byline in the 25th, whilst Danny Holmes was sending threatening balls into the area to find Danns and Wilde.

On the half hour mark, Nomads retook the lead with Declan Poole adding an assist to his game after scoring the opener. He sent a well weighted cross to Wilde, which bounced perfectly in the six-yard box for the Connah’s Quay targetman to head home from close range.

Caernarfon again reacted by pushing into the Nomads half and winning a corner in the 34th. However, this was dealt with by Danny Holmes and Nomads sought to maintain their lead in a fast-paced first half.

Before the interval, Danny Davies went close from 20 yards out as he continued cause issues in the Caernarfon final third, which would prove to be a sign of things to come in the second half.

The JD Cymru Premier clash restarted and both teams were eager to find a goal, with Nomads carefully controlling the possession as the 50th minute approached.

Andy Morrison’s team did add a third, but in unusual circumstances when a Kris Owens free kick was sent in from the left wing and into the back of the net by Caernarfon’s own Cai Jones.

Nomads then made their first substitution of the game, bringing on George Horan to replace Danny Harrison followed by Johnny Hunt for Kris Owens shortly after.

With an hour gone the score stood at 3-1 to Nomads, but the defending JD Cymru Premier champions didn’t stop there as the likes of Wilde, Poole and Holmes looked for ways to further extend the lead.

Danny Davies was rewarded for his efforts by getting Nomads’ fourth, with Declan Poole adding an assist to his man of the match-winning performance. After a cutting cross, Davies struck a volley into the bottom left corner to extend his side’s lead on 72 minutes.

In the 75th, Jamie Insall went agonisingly close to scoring when yet another cross from Poole came in, which he sent goalwards only for keeper Josh Tibbetts to make a good save at close range.

Nomads then made a double substitution, allowed under the current rule for a maximum of five changes, replacing Wilde and Insall with Aron Williams and Craig Curran.

But three minutes later, club captain Horan made it 5-1 after he got on the end of a cross from Holmes to slide the ball in at close range.

In scoring, he accidentally clashed with keeper Tibbetts who was stretchered off, leading to an additional seven minutes at the end of the game.

However, the action was wrapped up inside 90 minutes, as Danny Davies sealed his brace with a close range effort to make it 6-1 in the 89th.

The Nomads next face Barry Town United on Saturday, April 17, while Caernarfon will look to bounce back when they visit Bala Town.

Both games will kick off at 5:15pm after being moved to avoid a clash with the funeral of Prince Phillip.