CONNAH’S QUAY NOMADS have won the 2020/21 JD Cymru Premier title after they beat Penybont this afternoon.
The Nomads secured a 2-0 win at the SDM Glass Stadium thanks to goals from Aeron Edwards and George Horan.
Horan put the Nomads ahead after five minutes while Edwards’ goal came fifteen minutes from time as they did what they needed to do to seal back to back titles.
Nearest challengers TNS had to win and hope the Nomads slipped up but their 2-0 win over Bala Town wasn’t enough.
Both sides had found it tough against their respective opposition earlier in the season but the Nomads’ early goal settled any nerves and put them in the drivers’ seat.
The full time whistle saw jubilant celebrations from Andy Morrison and his team.
- Rangers win in first Welsh League game by James Hemingray
- Wales’ longest station name: How it got its name, and what it means by Doug Evans
- New ward extension opens at Werndale Hospital by Cerys Lafferty
- Tryweryn – The Welsh village flooded to supply an English city with water by Doug Evans
- Top ten famous Welsh people by Elfed Jones
- Hear ye, hear ye — Victorian extravaganza comes to Merthyr Tydfil town centre by James Hemingray
- Popular New Quay chip shop destroyed in blaze by Cerys Lafferty
- Brownlee and Matthews bring it home at inaugural Swansea Ironman by James Hemingray