PENYBONT and Caernarfon were forced to settle for a share of the points on Saturday (Oct 2) as their game finished 1-1.

There was an early chance for the Bont as James Waite beat his man on the right hand side and sent a cross to the back post for Sam Snaith but Caernarfon were able to clear.

Waite then broke before he was fouled by Noah Edwards. The ball rolled to Nathan Wood who curled the ball into the top corner but the referee had already blown for a free kick and the goal was not allowed.

On 22 minutes, Nathan Wood led a counter attack and crossed into the box for Snaith but he sent his header just over the bar.

Three minutes later, Snaith played a lovely ball into Mael Davies who was through on goal but he was brought down and the referee pointed for a penalty.

Kane Owen looked to bury his penalty in the bottom corner but was denied by a great save from Caernarfon’s Jakub Ojrzynski.

Cai Jones then had an effort for the visitors but it was saved by the Bont keeper.

With ten minutes to go until half time the home side were rewarded with the opening goal as a free kick routine, which didn’t quite go to plan, found its way to Wood on the edge of the box and his effort deflected in.

The hosts went in at half time with a slender one-goal lead and they knew they would face a fight from their visitors in the second half.

Twelve minutes in, Rob Hughes sent a free kick towards goal but it was well held by Bont keeper Ashley Morris.

Ten minutes later Caernarfon had the ball in the back of the net as Cai Jones tapped in Darren Thomas’ shot but the goal was ruled as Jones was adjudged to have been offside.

However, just a minute after the visitors were finally level as Hughes crossed from the left for Jones who was not to be denied on this occasion and he fired in to level the game at 1-1.

Both sides had chances to win the game late on but it finished all square as the teams took a well-earned point from it.

On Saturday, October 9, Penybont travel to Newtown while Caernarfon are away to Aberystwyth Town.