MUMBLES Rangers hit West End for six goals at Underhill Park as they cruised into the next round of the FAW Trophy on Saturday (Aug 7).
Goals from Captain Christian Allen (2) Mathew Thomas (2), Morgan Stephens and Jake Simeone (Man of the Match) sealed an emphatic win for the home side.
The first half saw West End take the lead after twenty six minutes played against the run of play when Harrison Davies latched onto the ball and stroked the ball home from close range to give the visitors the advantage. 0-1
The West End lead lasted just two minutes before Rangers Captain Chrissy Allen powered a header from close range into the roof of the West End net 1-1.
The equaliser was more than deserved as Rangers were peppering the West End penalty area prior to the West End goal but couldn’t apply the finishing touches.
Three minutes to half time an Rangers finally got their noses in front when midfielder Jake Simeone struck the ball home to take a 2-1 lead into half time.
The second half saw Rangers power ahead when Morgan Stephens rifled a low shot that beat the West End Keeper to make it 3-1.
It was all Rangers now and Chrissy Allen got the fourth goal and his brace in the 80th minute with a well taken shot from inside the penalty area.
West End were flagging and Mathew Thomas added his own brace of goals in a two minutes spell to make it 6-1.
At the final whistle Rangers celebrated and must be well pleased with their overall team performance and deservedly progress into the next round of the FAW Trophy.
- Top ten famous Welsh people by Elfed Jones
- Wales U20 name side to face Italy in group decider by James Hemingray
- Wales’ longest station name: How it got its name, and what it means by Doug Evans
- A Big Wild Summer with RSPB Cymru by Cerys Lafferty
- Two Welsh Ambulance staff cycling from Cardiff to Paris by James Hemingray
- Abergeirw: The last village in Wales to get electricity by Doug Evans
- Star Wars: Why the Millennium Falcon was built here in Wales by Doug Evans
- Caerphilly Council launches advice pack to tackle empty properties by Cerys Lafferty