Rangers thump Colts as Wade carries on family legacy
MUMBLES Rangers continued their preparations for the new league season on Thursday with a convincing 7-1 win against Port Tenant Colts.
Substitute Joe Wade came on for the Rangers in the latter stages of the game and scored two goals to help his side to a good win.
Joe, who sadly lost his grandfather a while back, is carrying on the family tradition as his grandfather Eddie Wade was a stalwart of Mumbles Rangers and a Club legend.
He would be looking down with pride to see his grandson in with the Mumbles Rangers Senior team.
Eirian and Jeff (Manager and Assistant Manager) both also think highly of young Joe’s playing abilities.
The pre-season friendly was a chance for Rangers and the Colts to have a squad run out.
Port Tennant played good passing football but just couldn’t find the finish to their moves until the second half.
Meanwhile Rangers had some good strikes on target with Jordan Lloyd-Evans scoring the best goal of the game.
- Top ten famous Welsh people by Elfed Jones
- Wales’ longest station name: How it got its name, and what it means by Doug Evans
- Wales denied at the death in heart-breaking defeat by James Hemingray
- Protests planned for Monday on M4 by Carli Newell
- Tryweryn – The Welsh village flooded to supply an English city with water by Doug Evans
- Wales name team for first Test match against South Africa by James Hemingray
- Premier League clubs RANKED by popularity across social media by Owen Harries
- Star Wars: Why the Millennium Falcon was built here in Wales by Doug Evans