Louis Rees-Zammit dropped from Wales squad for England match
Louis Rees-Zammit has not been included in the Wales squad to face England.
The 21-year-old has struggled to make an impact in the first two games of the Six Nations, facing both Ireland and Scotland.
He picked up an ankle knock in the warm up of the Ireland game, but still played the full 80 minutes.
Zammit will be released by Wales to play for Gloucester in their fixture against Leicester on Saturday.
Winger Josh Adams is set to replace him, having recovered from a calf injury sustained in the Ireland game.
Adams was played at outside centre against Ireland but will return to his established position on the wing, where he plays at Cardiff.
Elsewhere, Taulupe Faletau is being considered for an immediate role in the team having played twice for Bath since recovering from an ankle injury.
After being out for 7 months, Wayne Pivac is thought to be considering the 31-year-old for the starting lineup.
The back rower would join Dragon teammates Ross Moriarty and Taine Basham.
Alex Cuthbert is set to maintain his place in the starting XV after an excellent impact in the Scotland game.
Kieran Hardy is also set to make his first 2022 Six Nations appearance.
The Scarlets scrum-half will likely be seen on the replacement bench, ready to make an impact in the later stages of the game.
Wayne Pivac will announce his starting lineup at 11:30am on Thursday.
- Wales’ longest station name: How it got its name, and what it means by Doug Evans
- Abergeirw: The last village in Wales to get electricity by Doug Evans
- Warning of serious disruption on M4 and M5 today due to fuel prices protest by heraldwales
- Top ten famous Welsh people by Elfed Jones
- Welsh Government paid £1m over asking price for farm by Jon Coles
- Wrexham complete first summer signing by James Hemingray
- Indigo Premiership fixtures released for 2022/23 season by James Hemingray
- Swansea Building Society marks milestone by donating to food banks by Cerys Lafferty