Fly-half Sam Costelow has signed a new contract with the Scarlets.
The 21-year-old has scored 112 points in 25 games, with 5 tries so far.
The Rhondda man joined from Leicester for the 2020/21 season, and has been with the club since.
In a recent United Rugby Championship match against Cardiff, Costelow scored 20 points to give his side a victory over the capital side – which grew his popularity amongst fans.
“I am enjoying my rugby here, the expansive style we are looking to play suits my game and it was an easy decision to sign a new contract,” he said.
“There is a lot of competition across the board with everyone pushing each other for game time and [head coach] Dwayne [Peel] has shown he has a lot of faith in the young guys in the squad and is not afraid to give them chances.”
Regarding Costelow, head coach Dwayne Peele said:
“Sam is an exciting young player who I have seen grow a lot this season.
“He is still young and there is a lot of learning to come from him, but he continues to work diligently on his game in training and you can see that transferring to match-day.
“He took his chance brilliantly against Cardiff, scored a great try and stepped up and led the team well.
“I am looking forward to seeing how he develops here.”
- Abergeirw: The last village in Wales to get electricity by Doug Evans
- Top ten famous Welsh people by Elfed Jones
- Wales’ longest station name: How it got its name, and what it means by Doug Evans
- Tryweryn – The Welsh village flooded to supply an English city with water by Doug Evans
- A Big Wild Summer with RSPB Cymru by Cerys Lafferty
- Welsh Government paid £1m over asking price for farm by Jon Coles
- Warning of serious disruption on M4 and M5 today due to fuel prices protest by heraldwales
- FIM World Supercross Championships set to roar into Cardiff by James Hemingray