SEVEN SISTERS ONLLWYN beat West Wales Premier League rivals Giants Grave on Saturday (Feb 5) to book their place in the quarter finals of the West Wales Cup.
It was a close game between the two sides who sit in fifth and sixth in the WWPL and that showed as they went in at the break with the score 0-0.
It was the home side who made the breakthrough shortly before the hour mark as Adam Campbell scored to give his side the lead.
With twenty minutes to go Nathan Jones scored to double Seven Sisters’ lead.
Giants Grave were not out of the game though and they pulled a goal back ten minutes from time courtesy of sub Morgan Freeman.
They were unable to find a late equaliser though as Seven Sisters held on for the win.
- Wales U20 name side to face Italy in group decider by James Hemingray
- Top ten famous Welsh people by Elfed Jones
- Swansea star given Junior Wimbledon wildcard by James Hemingray
- Wales’ longest station name: How it got its name, and what it means by Doug Evans
- Wrexham AFC sign goalkeeper Mark Howard by James Hemingray
- No-nonsense investing app launches myth-busting ‘Investing Truth or Scare’ quiz by Cerys Lafferty
- Two Welsh Ambulance staff cycling from Cardiff to Paris by James Hemingray
- Werndale Hospital recognised for outstanding patient care in national award by Cerys Lafferty