SOUTH Gower moved to the top of the West Wales Premier League table after they beat Dafen 5-0 on Saturday (Nov 27).
Jack Jones opened the scoring for the Gower after only three minutes and just seven minutes later they had doubled their lead.
Jones turned provider as he found Ieuan Priede who scored to make it 2-0.
However, Gower’s Kieran Savage then picked up two bookings in the space of three minutes and he was sent for an early shower by the referee.
Dafen’s hopes of getting back into the game in the second half were dealt a blow seven minutes in as South Gower scored their third goal of the game.
Jones scored his second and soon after, Owen Evans added their fourth goal to put the result beyond doubt.
Jones then completed his hat trick four minutes from time to seal a comfortable win for his side.
It was South Gower’s third straight win in the league and they sit top, just a point above second placed Penlan, and two above third placed Evans and Williams.
On Saturday, December 4, South Gower take a break from league action as they compete in the third round of the West Wales Cup.
They travel to Pembrokeshire to take on Division 1 leaders Goodwick United, kick off 1:30pm.
The Gower return to league action on Saturday, December 11, with a home game against Evans and Williams.
- Boss of organised crime group arrested by NCA cops in Wales by Carli Newell
- Mum of murdered soldier Lee Rigby launches charity in Wales by Cerys Lafferty
- Top ten famous Welsh people by Elfed Jones
- Wales’ longest station name: How it got its name, and what it means by Doug Evans
- Travelodge partners with BHF to pilot innovative 15-minute CPR training tool by Cerys Lafferty
- Top bakery on a roll with 100 jobs on offer thanks to new £16m production line by Carli Newell
- Four children hospitalised after being hit by school bus, three flown by helicopter by Carli Newell
- VIP pupils say makeover at old school is class act by Carli Newell