HOCKEY made a welcome return on Saturday (Oct 2) and there was some exciting action in the South Wales league despite the torrential rain.
Milford Haven firsts earned a 1-0 over Bridgend ladies thanks to a goal from Sian Davies.
Abergavenny firsts were the biggest winners in Division 1 as they won 6-0 away at Cardiff University Ladies fourths.
Llandysul Ladies firsts were 2-1 winners away at Cardiff Uni thirds and the other match between Radnor Ladies firsts and Carmarthen firsts finished 0-0.
In Premier 1, Cardiff Met firsts beat Cardiff Met seconds 5-0 while Cardiff Medics firsts beat Pembrokeshire ladies 4-0.
The only other match in Premier 1 saw Swansea Ladies seconds beat Swansea thirds 6-0.
In Premier 2, Kington Ladies were 8-0 winners over Whitchurch Saints thirds and Cardiff Uni seconds won 4-1 away at Gowerton firsts.
There was an exciting game between Rhondda firsts and Howardian Ladies seconds as Howardian earned a 7-5 win.
Gwent Ladies seconds earned a 4-2 win at Presteigne firsts and Cardiff Met thirds won 3-0 away at Dowlais firsts.
- Top ten famous Welsh people by Elfed Jones
- Wales’ longest station name: How it got its name, and what it means by Doug Evans
- Wales denied at the death in heart-breaking defeat by James Hemingray
- Protests planned for Monday on M4 by Carli Newell
- Tryweryn – The Welsh village flooded to supply an English city with water by Doug Evans
- Watch highlights of Wales’ summer tour of South Africa on S4C by James Hemingray
- Wales name team for first Test match against South Africa by James Hemingray
- Star Wars: Why the Millennium Falcon was built here in Wales by Doug Evans