THE New Saints maintained their 100% start to the season after an entertaining Park Hall victory against Caernarfon Town on Saturday (Aug 21).

On an afternoon full of goals, five different players found the back of the net for Anthony Limbrick’s side, as they did enough to see off the Canaries with a 5-3 win.

It was a great start from The Saints, as they took the lead with just five minutes gone. Chris Marriott’s corner was met by Danny Davies in the middle of the area, and the number 22 did well to rise high and send a header past Jakub Ojrzynski.

The lead didn’t last long though, as 13 minutes later, Danny Gosset took advantage of some questionable defending to haul Caernarfon back on terms.

However, five minutes later, The New Saints were back in front. It was a great, cushioned header from Blaine Hudson which created the chance, and Declan McManus made no mistake as he tapped home his second league goal of the season from a few yards out.

The goals continued to flow, and Louis Bradford scored his first goal for the club in the 29th minute, as he beat the goalkeeper after connecting with Chris Marriott’s in-swinging cross.

Bradford again went close moments later, and Louis Robles had the chance to extend the lead further, as The Saints looked to put the match beyond the Canaries before the break.

Chances continued to fall the way of the side in green and white as the second-half began. Leo Smith tried his luck from distance in the 56th minute, but couldn’t keep the effort down, and it went sailing over the crossbar.

Down the other end, Rob Hughes flashed an effort narrowly wide of the post – a timely reminder of the attacking threat the away side posed.

And in the 67th minute, Caernarfon did hit back, and Darren Thomas reduced the deadlock. He capitalised on a loose ball from Danny Davies on the edge of the TNS box, and ultimately beat Paul Harrison with a well-placed, low finish.

It continued to rain goals at Park Hall, and The Saints restored their two-goal advantage with 75 minutes on the clock. Blaine Hudson was in the right place to take advantage when Adrian Cieslewicz’s free-kick came back off the near post, and he tapped the ball into the empty net at the back post.

And just when it looked like Limbrick’s side would see out the game, Darren Thomas reduced the arrays once more, catching the TNS defence, and Paul Harrison, off-guard with a snap-shot from the edge of the box.

The third Caernarfon goal made the final few minutes nervy around Park Hall, but in the fourth minute of second-half stoppage time, Ash Baker popped up to head home his first TNS goal from a corner, and put the result beyond doubt.

Next up for The New Saints is a trip to Pembrokeshire, as they make the long trip to the Bridge Meadow to face Haverfordwest County on Saturday, August 28.