THE New Saints picked up their biggest win of the season at Park Hall, defeating Flint Town United 7-0 on Good Friday.

A superb hat-trick from Jordan Williams was the highlight of the day, as Anthony Limbrick’s side continued to build momentum towards May’s JD Welsh Cup final.

It took just 10 minutes for the deadlock to be broken, and it was The Saints who scored the goal following a well-worked corner.

After collecting the ball on the far side of the box, Danny Redmond sent a cross in towards Blaine Hudson at the back post. The Saints’ number 12 made no mistake, as he powered a header past Ryan Woods to score his 6th league goal of the season.

And just two minutes later, the hosts could’ve doubled their advantage, as Jordan Williams took the ball around the goalkeeper.

The number 17 couldn’t get it out of his feet though, and Woods did well to recover, taking the ball off the feet of the TNS man as he shaped to shoot.

Down the other end, an effort from Oliver Nugent was headed behind by Danny Redmond, as the visitors enjoyed their first chance of the match in the 23rd minute.

The Saints continued to create chances as the half wore on, and Ryan Brobbel went close to extending the advantage on a couple of occasions.

In the 45th minute, the second goal finally arrived though, and it was another great pass from Danny Redmond that created the opening.

Getting on the end of the number 10’s searching ball, Jordan Williams took a brilliant touch with his chest, before beating the outrushing goalkeeper with a delicate finish.

It was all TNS following the restart, and with 58 minutes on the clock, Limbrick’s team added a third.

Ben Clark was the man in the right place to capitalise following Adrian Cieslewicz’ cutback, firing home from the middle of the penalty area to put the match beyond the Silkmen.

Just three minutes later, the JD Cymru Premier champions were celebrating again, as Jordan Williams scored a second of the afternoon.

The former Stockport County man took advantage when a Declan McManus effort came back off the post, tapping home the rebound from close range to further strengthen his side’s advantage. 

The goals continued to flow, and in the 65th minute, McManus got in on the act himself, scoring his first goal since February with a powerful strike from the edge of the six-yard box.

Substitute, Josh Lock, then went close on a couple of occasions, as the FAW Youth Cup final hero made his first-team debut.

With four minutes to play, the sixth goal did arrive, and it was Williams completing a superb hat-trick.

Stealing the ball off the toes of a Flint defender, the England C international spun with the ball, before proceeding to beat the goalkeeper with a superb curling finish to grab his first treble in a TNS shirt.

The scoring wasn’t done there either. There was still time for Ryan Brobbel to send a header in off the post in the 89th minute, adding the seventh goal to make it The Saints’ biggest win of the season so far.

Anthony Limbrick’s side are back in action on Monday, travelling to Latham Park to take on Newtown in their final league away fixture of the season.