WALES have made two changes to their starting XV to take on Italy in Rome on Saturday (March 13, KO 15.15 local).
Cory Hill and Gareth Davies both come into the side that beat England to make it three wins from three in the 2021 Guinness Six Nations.
Hill is the only change in the pack and comes into the side to partner captain Alun Wyn Jones in the second row. The front-row remains unchanged for the fourth successive game with Wyn Jones, Ken Owens and Tomas Francis packing down together.
Josh Navidi, Justin Tipuric and Taulupe Faletau comprise the back-row.
Davies comes to start at scrum-half alongside Dan Biggar.
Jonathan Davies and George North continue their partnership in the midfield with Josh Adams, Louis Rees-Zammit and Liam Williams named in the back-three.
“We are really looking forward to this weekend and are ready to get out there on Saturday,” said Wales head coach Wayne Pivac.
“Three from three is a great start but there has been plenty to do and plenty of work-ons. We’ve had a two-week build-up to this game, trained really well in the fallow week and are looking forward to Round 4.”
Elliot Dee, Rhys Carre and Leon Brown comprise the front-row replacements for Wales. Jake Ball, who could win his 50th test cap in Rome and Aaron Wainwright complete the forward contingent. Lloyd Williams, Callum Sheedy and Uilisi Halaholo provide the back-line cover.
WALES TEAM TO PLAY ITALY
1. Wyn Jones (33 Caps)
2. Ken Owens (80 Caps)
3. Tomas Francis (55 Caps)
4. Cory Hill (30 Caps)
5. Alun Wyn Jones (CAPT) (146 Caps)
6. Josh Navidi (26 Caps)
7. Justin Tipuric (83 Caps)
8. Taulupe Faletau (84 Caps)
9. Gareth Davies (60 Caps)
10. Dan Biggar (90 Caps)
11. Josh Adams (30 Caps)
12. Jonathan Davies (86 Caps)
13. George North (100 Caps)
14. Louis Rees-Zammit (7 Caps)
15. Liam Williams (69 Caps)
16. Elliot Dee (35 Caps)
17. Rhys Carre (12 Caps)
18. Leon Brown (15 Caps)
19. Jake Ball (49 Caps)
20. Aaron Wainwright (28 Caps)
21. Lloyd Williams (31 Caps)
22. Callum Sheedy (7 Caps)
23. Uilisi Halaholo (2 Caps)
Rhodri Jones has been released from Wales’ Guinness Six Nations squad due to a calf injury suffered at training.
He has been replaced in the squad by Ospreys prop Nicky Smith (38 Caps)
The following players will be released back to their respective regions for this weekend and will link back up with the national squad on Monday.
Jarrod Evans, Owen Watkin, Johnny Williams, Nick Tompkins
- Appeal for witnesses after child sexually assaulted on train in Haverfordwest by Thomas Sinclair
- Top ten famous Welsh people by Elfed Jones
- WG must balance farming priorities by Jon Coles
- Wales’ longest station name: How it got its name, and what it means by Doug Evans
- Trussonomics = Thatcherism 2.0 by Jon Coles
- Wales Six Nations tickets on public sale from September 30 by James Hemingray
- Royal symbols that will need to change now Charles is King by Cerys Lafferty
- Welsh farmer-owned creamery on top of the world after golden hat-trick by Jon Coles