WALES Women recorded their first home championship win in three years in front of a record crowd after coming from behind for the second consecutive match to secure a 24-19 victory against Scotland in the TikTok Women’s Six Nations.

It’s the first time in history that Wales have managed to score 20 or more points in three consecutive games in the Six Nations. The bonus point win also put Wales into second place behind France in the points table.

Wales’ first home game of the championship followed last week’s match in Dublin where Ioan Cunningham’s side went down the tunnel at halftime behind on the scoreboard but a second half comeback ensured Wales left Cardiff Arms Park victorious.

Scotland dominated the early exchanges and hooker Lana Skeldon gave the visitors the perfect start when she burst over from a rolling maul in just the third minute. Helen Nelson’s conversion gave the visitors a 0-7 lead.

Wales struggled to get a foothold into Scottish territory as the visitors recycled the ball at speed to keep the home defence on their toes.

In the opening quarter Wales had already conceded the same number of penalties that they had conceded in their entire match against Ireland in the opening round.

Wales took the direct route to get on the scoreboard in the 22nd minute. The Welsh pack drove forward from a lineout and hooker Carys Phillips dived over to score for the second consecutive match. Keira Bevan’s conversion tied the score up at 7-7.

A shocking bounce of the ball then put Scotland back in front on 32 minutes.

After 23 phases of play where Wales had managed to keep their line intact, Scotland scrum half Jenny Maxwell chipped the ball into the Welsh dead ball area between Kayleigh Powell and Jasmine Joyce.

The ball bounced awkwardly between the two Welsh defenders and Scotland winger Rhona Lloyd gleefully picked up the pieces. Nelson’s successful conversion put Scotland 7-14 ahead.

Wales went down the tunnel minus Kerin Lake who had been sent to the sin bin moments earlier for not rolling away in the tackle zone.

Scotland burst out of the blocks from the restart. They kept the ball for 12 phases before working Lloyd over for her second try of the match.

Sioned Harries, who had just earlier earned a turnover, then made her presence felt when she burrowed over in the 46th minute. Bevan’s conversion brought Wales back to within five points of Scotland.

After a series of scrums under pressure, Scotland were reduced to 14 players when prop Leah Bartlett received a yellow card.

Immediately Wales struck with replacement hooker Kelsey Jones on the back of a rolling maul levelling the score at 19-19.

But with five minutes remaining Wales hit the lead for the first time after Alisha Butchers burst through the last line of defence and off-loaded to the supporting Ffion Lewis who raced over unopposed.

Scotland hammered away at the Welsh try-line in the dying moments but they coughed up position within millimetres of the try-line and Wales were able to secure the ball and kick to touch to record their second win of the campaign.