Ashmole & Co delighted to sponsor local triathlete in his bid to become a champion Ironman
ASHMOLE & CO are delighted to sponsor local tri-athlete Andrew Horsfall-Turner this year as he aims to fulfil his dream of becoming the first British professional male to win at the Ironman World Championships in Kona.
Andrew, from Swansea, is part of a new generation of up-and-coming Ironman athletes who are ready to challenge the status quo and change the dynamics of the event. He took up Triathlon in 2018 after competing as an elite swimmer for many years. In his first Ironman competition, in 2019 he qualified for Kona as an Age Group athlete.
Jim Cornock, Partner with Ashmole & Co and an Ironman himself said, “It is a pleasure to be able to sponsor Andrew in his bid to become a champion Ironman. It is a fantastic achievement to be able to compete at such a high level in such a demanding mixture of events and we wish him all the luck with his forthcoming championships. As a local business we are always happy to support local sports teams and individuals to help them achieve their goals.”
Last year Andrew took on the Outlaw Triathlon events, the first in June at Outlaw Half Nottingham, he qualified for his Professional Racing License. He went on to break the Ironman Distance Welsh Record when winning Outlaw Full in July.
In 2022 Andrew looks to take on the Professional Ironman circuit where the aspiration is to gain qualification to the Ironman World Championships. Within the next five years he aims to contend for the Ironman World Championships title.
Andrew said, “I am so grateful to Ashmole & Co for supporting me. Without sponsorship it is impossible to compete at this level. It would be great to get the backing of other local companies looking to support an athlete as well. Please follow my journey towards an Ironman title on Instagram.”
Ashmole & Co Chartered, Certified Accountants are one of the largest accountancy and auditing practices in Wales, operating from 13 offices throughout south and west Wales including Swansea, Neath, Carmarthen and Haverfordwest. The firm combines high quality audit, accounting, and taxation services with business consultancy and corporate planning.
- Abergeirw: The last village in Wales to get electricity by Doug Evans
- Wales’ longest station name: How it got its name, and what it means by Doug Evans
- Top ten famous Welsh people by Elfed Jones
- Warning of serious disruption on M4 and M5 today due to fuel prices protest by heraldwales
- Welsh Government paid £1m over asking price for farm by Jon Coles
- Swansea Building Society marks milestone by donating to food banks by Cerys Lafferty
- Indigo Premiership fixtures released for 2022/23 season by James Hemingray
- FIM World Supercross Championships set to roar into Cardiff by James Hemingray