LEE WATERS MS will be joined by Ed McCann, ICE President and renowned speakers from across the industry at the Wales Cymru National Transport Conference on 14 June.
The theme of the conference is ‘COP 26: Implementing the Policies’ and will open with an address from the Minister on how he is leading on a range of policies in the way transport is delivered in Wales.
These wide-ranging changes include a review of road schemes, a national 20mph default speed limit roll-out in residential areas, a Bus White Paper and Bill to introduce franchising and a step-change in Active Travel investment.
A full programme is planned with speakers focusing on how transport can be done differently to protect the environment and engage users in active travel.
- Alison Thomas, Head of Policy and Engagement, Welsh Government – Llwybr Newydd – The Wales Transport Strategy 2021
- Emma Thomas, Future Generations Manager, Alun Griffiths (Contractors) Ltd & David Markham, Senior Manager, Asphalt Technology, Tarmac – How we are preparing for a post COP 26 world of infrastructure in Wales
- Patrick Warner Lead Officer for Bus Decarbonisation, Liverpool City Council – Merseyside’s Zero Emission Bus Ambition: Enabling the much wider decarbonisation of road transport
- Geoff Ogden, Director of Planning, Development and Advisory Services – Transport for Wales: Developing a sustainable transport network through Metro
- Kathy Wilson, WSP – The key to Climate Change, Sustainable Communities, Protecting the environment
- Daniel Newall, Assistant Consultant, Infrastructure UK & Europe Engineering Design and Project Management, Atkins – Enabling Effective Carbon Management in Rail
The event is organised jointly by the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE), the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT) and the Chartered Institution of Highways and Transportation (CIHT). Atkins and WSP are valued sponsors of the event.
The event is online and free to attend. Further information and bookings can be found at: https://www.ice.org.uk/events/latest-events/wales-cymru-national-transport-conference-2022/