Appeal for witnesses after child sexually assaulted on train in Haverfordwest
POLICE officers in Pembrokeshire are appealing for witnesses after a sexual assault took place on a train at Haverfordwest.
Between 9.50-10.10pm on Thursday 11 August it was reported that a child was sexual assaulted by a man who touched her when she was on the train.
The train was then met by officers at Haverfordwest station who arrested a 34-year-old man in connection with the alleged incident.
He has since been released under investigation pending further enquiries.
A spokesperson for the British Transport Police told Herald.Wales: “Officers would like to speak with anyone who witnessed the incident, in particular the passenger who reported it to the train guard. They are also trying to trace the victim of the sexual assault.
“If you witnessed the incident, or have information that could assist the investigation, please contact BTP by texting 61016 or calling 0800 40 50 40 quoting reference 673 of 11/08/22.
“Alternatively, you can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.”
- Narberth Athletic earn win over Carmarthen by James Hemingray
- Merlins Bridge seconds come from behind beat Carew seconds by James Hemingray
- The Welsh captain and the Italian revolutionary by Elfed Jones
- Rangers see off Port Talbot Town in FAW Trophy by James Hemingray
- Pennar edge past Saints for first win by James Hemingray
- Top ten famous Welsh people by Elfed Jones
- Top of the table clash between Crymych and Felinfoel ends all square by James Hemingray
- Wales’ longest station name: How it got its name, and what it means by Doug Evans