Home » Man jailed for abducting and raping teen during violent 12-hour attack
Carmarthenshire Crime Crime National News West Wales

Man jailed for abducting and raping teen during violent 12-hour attack

A 48-YEAR-OLD man who subjected a teenage girl to a 12-hour violent and sexual attack has today received a 30 year extended sentence at Swansea Crown Court.

Phillip Andrew Williams, of Llandovery, abducted the teenager on the night of Tuesday, August 2, 2022, stole her mobile phone, held a screwdriver to her neck, forced her to drink alcohol and take cocaine, before tying her hands together and raping her in a field in the Llandovery area.

Williams then dragged her into a stolen vehicle and physically assaulted her again before driving to Margam Country Park while under the influence.

At Margam, Williams tried to drag the victim towards a mountain, however, she managed to snatch her mobile phone and flee before alerting the police on the morning of Wednesday, 3 August.

Officers arrived a short while later to find the girl covered in mud and in an extremely distressed state.

She disclosed what had happened to her, leading police to find the scene of her initial attack. There they found evidence that matched her description of the attack, namely the victim’s trainers and underwear, a screwdriver and a length of blue rope submerged in wet mud.

In the meantime, Williams tried to evade police and a manhunt began with officers from both South Wales Police and Dyfed-Powys Police. He was swiftly located, arrested and in just 36 hours he was charged and remanded to court.

The charges against him were:

1. Inciting a child to engage in sexual activity

2. Assault occasioning actual bodily harm

online casinos UK

3. Rape of a female aged between 13-15 years 

4. Rape of a female aged between 13-15 years 

5. Rape of a female aged between 13-15 years 

6. Kidnapping

7. Sexual assault of a female under 16 years

Despite the evidence against him, Williams pleaded not guilty to all charges, forcing his victim to go through the ordeal of a trial, which began at Swansea Crown Court on Monday, January 23.

Senior investigating officer DI Dale Thomas said: “Williams somehow thought he could get away with what he did but thanks to the efforts of the investigating team and the bravery of the victim, following a five-day trial, the jury returned unanimous guilty verdicts on all charges in just 40 minutes.

“The officer in the case, DC Jade Probert, worked tirelessly to prepare a complete and comprehensive case for court, whilst providing the victim with support and guidance throughout the process.

“We were able to ensure the victim didn’t have to go to court to give her evidence but the fact her attacker refused to accept what he had done would have no doubt added to the torment he had inflicted on her.

“I would like to commend the victim for the bravery she has shown throughout the investigation.

“I hope this reassures people that Dyfed-Powys Police will not tolerate such terrible crimes and gives anyone who has been attacked like this the confidence to come forward.”

“We will listen and we will work tirelessly to get justice for you.”

Williams was back at Swansea Crown Court today when he was sentenced to 22 years custodial, extended for 8 years on licence.