Swansea to get Wales’ first slice of drive-thru Greggs
CONSTRUCTION has begun on Wales’ first drive-thru Greggs to be located on Fabian Way in Swansea.
Two other locations in Wales have been selected by the company for similar drive-thru’s but they are being kept under wraps, or rolls, for now.
Greggs, keen to cut themselves a fresh slice of the drive-thru market said: “We are delighted to be bringing drive-thru’s to our customers in Wales with the first scheduled to open in Swansea in July.
“We anticipate that our drive-thru sites will become popular with busy families and people on the go. It is a resilient formula in general and has proven to be especially convenient for people during the pandemic restrictions. “
Director of retail and Leisure at Cooke & Arkwright, Huw Thomas, said: “The drive-thru model is quickly becoming part of Greggs’ continuing expansion plan in Wales. We have been sourcing highly visible plots with good accessibility in prominent roadside locations as well as on established retail, business and industrial parks.
“We are pleased to confirm that we have secured the first three drive-thru sites in Wales with more in the pipeline.
“In addition to the new drive thru’s, we have also exchanged on several new shop openings for this year and 2022 at Cross Hands Business Park; Brynmawr Retail Park; Mariner Street, Swansea; Cymmer Road, Porth; and Newport Retail Park, with many more currently in solicitors’ hands.”
- Abergeirw: The last village in Wales to get electricity by Doug Evans
- Wales’ longest station name: How it got its name, and what it means by Doug Evans
- Top ten famous Welsh people by Elfed Jones
- Welsh Government paid £1m over asking price for farm by Jon Coles
- Tryweryn – The Welsh village flooded to supply an English city with water by Doug Evans
- FIM World Supercross Championships set to roar into Cardiff by James Hemingray
- Warning of serious disruption on M4 and M5 today due to fuel prices protest by heraldwales
- A Big Wild Summer with RSPB Cymru by Cerys Lafferty