Two vehicle collision closes major Swansea road with one person in hospital
AN EARLY Morning road traffic collision has closed a major road in Swansea today (August 25).
Carmarthen Road in Swansea is shut in both directions with motorists asked to avoid the area.
The two-vehicle collision is believed to be between a van and a motorcycle on Heol Cwm Du Road.
One person has been taken to University Hospital of Wales, Cardiff.
In a video seen by Herald.Wales, which is too graphic to share, a motorcycle can be seen bursting into flames at the junction to Aldi.
A South Wales Police spokesperson said: “South Wales Police was called at 07:48am this morning following reports of a two vehicle road traffic collision on Carmarthen Road, Cwmdu.
“Emergency services are on scene and Heol Cwm Du road is closed. We are asking motorists to avoid the area.”
The Welsh Ambulance Service confirmed that they were in attendance and transported a casualty to hospital. A spokesperson said: “We were called on Wednesday 25 August at approximately 07.50am to reports of a road traffic accident involving a van and a bike on Carmarthen Road, Swansea.
“We responded with one rapid response vehicle, three emergency ambulances and one BASICS doctor. One patient was transported to University Hospital of Wales, Cardiff.”
- Wales’ longest station name: How it got its name, and what it means by Doug Evans
- Abergeirw: The last village in Wales to get electricity by Doug Evans
- Warning of serious disruption on M4 and M5 today due to fuel prices protest by heraldwales
- Top ten famous Welsh people by Elfed Jones
- Welsh Government paid £1m over asking price for farm by Jon Coles
- FIM World Supercross Championships set to roar into Cardiff by James Hemingray
- Wrexham complete first summer signing by James Hemingray
- Indigo Premiership fixtures released for 2022/23 season by James Hemingray