Get Jerky snacks turn in a star performance at Great Taste Awards
WELSH beef jerky snacks manufacturer Trailhead Fine Foods put in another star performance in this year’s Great Taste Awards, the Oscars of the food and drink world.
The Welshpool-based company is celebrating after its Original Beef Jerky and Teriyaki Beef Jerky flavours impressed the Great Taste judges so much that they awarded them a one star award each, recognising them as “food that delivers fantastic flavour”.
The company makes handmade, artisan beef jerky snacks in eight flavours, which are branded Get Jerky. The snacks are made with responsibly sourced PGI Welsh Beef and marinated using secret, unique recipes.
The high protein jerky is gluten free and low in fat, making it a healthy alternative to sugary and high fat snacks.
It’s the second year running that the company’s Teriyaki Beef Jerky has won a prestigious Great Taste one star award. Launched last year, the jerky captures the traditional Japanese cooking style for an authentic Oriental experience in premium beef jerky.
The Great Taste judges commented: “Delicious wafts of the orient. Enjoyable to chew, it softened beautifully with the spices persisting to the end when it had melted. Delicious.”
Recognised for the first time is Original Beef Jerky, the Great Taste judges noting the “rich, sweet, spicy aroma”. “The texture is wonderfully traditional and delivers deep, buttery beef flavour notes, with a clever back note reminiscent of kidney,” they added. “The spice level has complexity and depth.”
The company’s Spicy Chilli Beef Jerky flavour was also awarded a Great Taste one star award in 2020 which it retains for another two years.
Emma Morris, Trailhead Fine Foods’ director of sales, said: “It’s fantastic that our Teriyaki flavour beef jerky has retained its one star award and we are delighted that the judges liked our Original flavour.
“Being able to display Great Taste awards alongside three of our beef jerky snacks is great for raising our brand awareness.”
She revealed that sales of the Get Jerky snacks have doubled this year, with selection boxes of the eight flavours proving very popular for birthday and Christmas gifts. Trailhead Fine Foods offers free delivery of its tasty snacks ordered online at https://www.trailheadfinefoods.co.uk
The snacks are available in Co-op stores across Wales and more than 100 stockists across the UK, including service stations, farm shops, delicatessens, convenience stores, tourist attractions, petrol stations, breweries, pubs and hotels. They can also be bought online at Amazon.
- Sewage released into Welsh beaches after heatwave by Cerys Lafferty
- Wales’ longest station name: How it got its name, and what it means by Doug Evans
- Tryweryn – The Welsh village flooded to supply an English city with water by Doug Evans
- Top ten famous Welsh people by Elfed Jones
- Llanegwad woman cycles 106 miles for charity after her sister is diagnosed with cancer by Cerys Lafferty
- Merthyr Tydfil Enterprise Centre (MTEC) sees 36% rise in new business registrations by James Hemingray
- RSPB accreditation for nine Barratt show home gardens by James Hemingray
- Top Welsh cheesemaker bounces back from pandemic with £71M record sales by Cerys Lafferty