RNLI Penarth congratulates newly qualified tractor drivers
A recent assessment day saw volunteers successfully complete their training to operate the vehicles that launch Penarth’s lifeboats.
Tractor drivers play a vital role at the station: RNLI Penarth’s lifesaving service cannot operate without these vehicles launching the boats, and the equipment must be maintained to a high standard at all times.
Jason Dunlop, Lifeboat Operations Manager at RNLI Penarth Lifeboat Station, said: “Launch and recovery of lifeboat is a challenging task as our tractor drivers have to operate their vehicles in difficult and changeable circumstances on the beach and in the water.
“This training covers not only driving the equipment but how to debog and manoeuvre in very challenging conditions.”
“We provide our drivers with the very best equipment and training to launch our lifeboats and save lives at sea.”
- Boss of organised crime group arrested by NCA cops in Wales by Carli Newell
- Mum of murdered soldier Lee Rigby launches charity in Wales by Cerys Lafferty
- Wales’ longest station name: How it got its name, and what it means by Doug Evans
- Top ten famous Welsh people by Elfed Jones
- Travelodge partners with BHF to pilot innovative 15-minute CPR training tool by Cerys Lafferty
- 13-year-old boy has died after swimming in River Tawe￼ by Carli Newell
- In It Together Festival: First wave of event line-up announced by Luke Sinclair
- Top bakery on a roll with 100 jobs on offer thanks to new £16m production line by Carli Newell