Penywaun Murder Update: Victim named and family pay tribute
SOUTH WALES POLICE can confirm the name of the man who died following an assault outside the Colliers Arms, Penywaun, Aberdare at approximately 1.10am on Sunday, October 17th.
Keyron Curtis, 21, was from Cwmdare, and his family have paid the following tribute to him:
“Keyron was a friendly, easy-going family boy with a heart of gold. He was loved by us all, and always put other people before himself. He was to become a father in a few weeks and would have been a great dad. He will be sorely missed by all of his family and friends”
A 24 year old man from Penywaun, Aberdare has been arrested on suspicion of murder and is currently in police custody.
Officers investigating the incident which is now being treated as murder, are keen to hear from anyone who may have taken footage or photographs of the incident on a mobile phone, or to anybody who may have dashcam footage from around that time.
Images or footage can submitted it via the below portal.
Alternatively if you have any information that you think could assist our enquiries you can contact us by one of the following means quoting reference number *0364326
- Levelling up goes into reverse by Jon Coles
- Wales’ longest station name: How it got its name, and what it means by Doug Evans
- Dedicated manager Wayne in line to be honoured at social care Oscars by Cerys Lafferty
- Top ten famous Welsh people by Elfed Jones
- Breaking records: The life and death of John Godfrey Parry-Thomas by Doug Evans
- Star Wars: Why the Millennium Falcon was built here in Wales by Doug Evans
- Tryweryn – The Welsh village flooded to supply an English city with water by Doug Evans
- The Welsh captain and the Italian revolutionary by Elfed Jones