Trial for Cardiff man accused of serious sexual assault
A CARDIFF man accused of a serious sexual assault will stand trial.
Rhys William Charles Stone appeared at Cardiff Magistrates’ Court on December 31 to face one sexual assault charge.
The court heard how 21-year-old Stone of Hollybush Estate, Whitchaurch, is alledged to have sexually penetrated the vagina of a woman aged 16 or over with his fingers without consent.
The offence occurred between February 23-26, 2020.
The case was sent to Crown Court for trial.
No plea was indicated.
Stone will next appear at Cardiff Crown Court on January 21.
The defendant was released on conditional bail.
- Top ten famous Welsh people by Elfed Jones
- Cardiff man jailed for drugs supply by Carli Newell
- Welsh Government to help those in rent arrears by James Hemingray
- ‘Written in the stars for Wales’ says Sorba Thomas by Owen Harries
- Wales’ longest station name: How it got its name, and what it means by Doug Evans
- Newport man jailed for rape by Carli Newell
- The Roswelsh Incident: What exactly happened in the Berwyn Mountains? by Doug Evans
- The forgotten Welsh Christmas Tradition – Mari Lwyd by Cerys Lafferty