Home » Dagenham & Redbridge 0 – 4 Wrexham: Match Report
Football National News North Wales Sport Wrexham

Dagenham & Redbridge 0 – 4 Wrexham: Match Report

Wrexham secured a comfortable 4-0 victory on the road against Dagenham & Redbridge, extending their lead at the top of the National League to four points ahead of Notts County.

With a commanding performance, Wrexham put to rest their previous struggles at the Chigwell Construction Stadium, with Ollie Palmer netting twice in the match.

With just 10 games left in the National League season, a four point lead could set Wrexham in great stead for a chance at automatic promotion.

Dagenham & Redbridge’s loss has resulted in a one-place drop to 11th in the standings, with a six-point gap from the National League play-off positions.

First Half

Just 6 minutes into the match, Ollie Palmer opened the scoring after a delightful cross from the right hand side created the chance, delivered by Eoghan O’Connell.

Wrexham continued to dominate the game, as Elliot Lee attempted a curling shot from 20 yards out in the 9th minute, following a drive into the box by Andy Cannon and a set-up by Paul Mullin, narrowly missing the target.

Merely three minutes later, Dagenham & Redridge had a golden opportunity to equalise the scoreline. Inih Effiong outsmarted Ben Tozer and provided a cross for Jay Bird, who unfortunately missed the mark by shooting wide at the near post.

Despite being hit with a setback due to Junior Morias’ withdrawal during the warm-up, Wrexham were further forced into a substitution in the 16th minute, with George Saunders stepping in for Dean Rance.

However, this substitution seemed to reinvigorate the hosts, who started to assert their presence in the game. Angelo Balanta attempted a hopeful shot from a distance in the 19th minute, but it was comfortably saved by Lainton.

In the 39th minute, Tunnicliffe doubled Wrexham’s lead by expertly heading in Elliot Lee’s out-swinging corner.

Wrexham came close to scoring a third goal just before half-time. In the 43rd minute, Myles Weston accidentally flicked Ben Tozer’s long throw, and Palmer headed the ball just over the bar from the back post.

Second Half

Wrexham continued their offensive momentum even after the halftime break. In the 46th minute, Lee was unable to get a head to Barnett’s cross, and Mullin missed the target with his hook attempt from Mendy’s knock-down.

However, just four minutes later, Palmer scored Wrexham’s third goal. He positioned himself cleverly to control Barnett’s low cross, sneaking past the defenders before finishing low past Justham.

In the 68th minute, Mendy scored Wrexham’s fourth goal. He capitalised on Elliot Lee’s brilliant through ball, sprinting into the area before calmly finishing low into the far corner.

Paul Mullin was then substituted for Sam Dalby in the 70th minute, as Phil Parkinson opted to rest Wrexham’s top goalscorer.

In the 74th minute, James Jones came close to scoring a well-deserved goal for himself. He turned left and then right, shooting low inside the area, but unfortunately, his effort hit the post and bounced back into play.

In the final moments of the match, Sydney Ibie had a chance to score a consolation goal for Dagenham, as he sprinted onto a through ball. However, Rob Lainton was quick to react, rushing out of his goal to secure a clean sheet and a significant victory for Wrexham.


Dagenham & Redbridge



Rance (Substituted for Saundersat at 16 minutes)

Balanta (Substituted for Mussaat at 60 minutes)




Weston (Substituted for Ibieat at 72 minutes)

Robinson (Booked at 25mins)
















Mendy (Substituted for McFadzeanat at 78 minutes)


Lee (Substituted for Davies at 87 minutes)


Mullin (Substituted for Dalbyat at 70 minutes)







Referee: Lloyd Wood

Attendance: 2,772