THE APPLICATION process has reopened for a one-off £500 payment to eligible unpaid carers in Wales.
The Welsh Government scheme, administered by Pembrokeshire County Council, is open to all unpaid carers in Wales who were in receipt of Carers Allowance on March 31, 2022.
The payment is in recognition of the increased financial pressures many unpaid carers experienced during the Covid-19 pandemic and to help with some of the additional costs they have incurred.
The payment is targeted towards those individuals who care for someone for at least
35 hours a week and have low incomes.
You will not be eligible for the payment if:
- You have an underlying entitlement to Carers Allowance but do not receive a payment because you are in receipt of another benefit at the same or higher rate; or
- You only receive the carer premium
- You have already received the £500 payment under this scheme.
Applications have reopened – and the deadline is 5pm on 2nd September 2022.
How to apply
Applicants (this should be the person in receipt of carer’s allowance) are required to complete the online form at: https://www.pembrokeshire.gov.uk/grants/unpaid-carers-500-pound-payment
Required information is:
- Your name, address, telephone number and email address
- Date of Birth
- National Insurance Number
- Post code
- A bank statement showing your name, address, account number and sort code.
If you are having problems completing the on-line application form please email: [email protected]
Alternatively call 01437 764551 for assistance.