Easter Message from Mark Drakeford, First Minister of Wales
The following is Mark Drakeford’s Easter message:
“I send my warmest wishes to everyone celebrating Easter and to those across Wales who are reflecting on how our lives have changed.
“These past twelve months have been full of emotional and trying moments for us all. Many will feel the loss of loved ones more deeply during this time. Be kind to yourselves.
“As the long nights of winter have given way to the spring, we have cause for optimism here in Wales. Coronavirus rates remain low, our vaccination programme continues to reach new highs, and we are carefully easing restrictions that have been needed to keep Wales safe.
“As we move forward, we are united in our hopes for the future, and resolute that the sacrifices we have all made together will secure the fairer, more outward looking nation we strive to be.
“May you all have a restful and peaceful Easter.”
- Wales name team for first Test match against South Africa by James Hemingray
- Award-winning dairy farmer endorses value of apprenticeships by Cerys Lafferty
- Top ten famous Welsh people by Elfed Jones
- Wales’ longest station name: How it got its name, and what it means by Doug Evans
- Life sentences handed to trio for murder of Logan Mwangi by Carli Newell
- Man jailed after threatening victims with lighter shaped as a handgun by Cerys Lafferty
- “Bashing elbows and swearing at 60km-an-hour” – dark horse Thomas ready for Le Tour by James Hemingray
- Baldwin backing Wales to show some bite by James Hemingray