OFFICERS continue to investigate a disorder which took place in Torfaen on Sunday (May 23).
Eleven people have now been arrested on suspicion of violent disorder.
Those arrested are all boys aged between 13 and 18. They were arrested yesterday following multiple reports of a group of youths armed with weapons in the Wern Road area of Sebastopol.
They have since been released on police bail with stringent conditions.
A dispersal order remained in place for Cwmbran Town Centre until 5.15pm on Monday.
Torfaen Inspector Aled George said: “High-visibility patrols have increased in the area to provide reassurance. This includes along the canal path between Pontypool and Cwmbran.
“Enquiries are ongoing to identify all of those involved and we would urge anyone with any information or CCTV footage to come forward.
“This type of behaviour will not be tolerated by Gwent Police and we will take action against anyone intent on causing harm in our communities.”
Anyone with any information, who has not yet spoken with officers, is asked to call us on 101 quoting reference 2100179809. Alternatively, you can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- People line street for funeral of convicted murderer by Cerys Lafferty
- Top ten famous Welsh people by Elfed Jones
- Politics and vaccine passports by Jon Coles
- Rugby venues in Wales named amongst the best and worst in the world by James Hemingray
- Charity match raises nearly £300 by James Hemingray
- Twin Town cast reunites for new film shot in Wales by Cerys Lafferty
- New cattle-focused veterinary practice launches in West Wales by Cerys Lafferty
- League fixtures for 2021/22 season announced by James Hemingray