Milk tanker accident turns Carmarthenshire’s River Dulais white
A MILK TANK has crashed and overturned into a river in west Wales, spilling milk and turning the water white.
The lorry careered off the A482 near Llanwrda in Carmarthenshire on Wednesday evening, crashing through the safety barrier and ending up in the River Dulais.
Natural Resources Wales (NRW) said an “unknown quantity” of milk had leaked from the tanker, which caused “significant discolouration”.
NRW told The Carmarthenshire Herald that it’s officers would return on Thursday morning to continue to assess the impact of the spill.
May Lewis posted a video on Twitter which shows milky white water cascading over a small waterfall.
- Abergeirw: The last village in Wales to get electricity by Doug Evans
- Wales’ longest station name: How it got its name, and what it means by Doug Evans
- Top ten famous Welsh people by Elfed Jones
- Welsh Government paid £1m over asking price for farm by Jon Coles
- Warning of serious disruption on M4 and M5 today due to fuel prices protest by heraldwales
- Tryweryn – The Welsh village flooded to supply an English city with water by Doug Evans
- Swansea Building Society marks milestone by donating to food banks by Cerys Lafferty
- FIM World Supercross Championships set to roar into Cardiff by James Hemingray