Leonard Cheshire Cymru and Scope launch working on wellbeing West Wales
TODAY, Leonard Cheshire Cymru and Scope are proud to launch their partnership programme, Working on Wellbeing: an employment training and support programme for disabled people in Carmarthenshire, Pembrokeshire and Ceredigion. The programme has been funded with a grant provided by Welsh Government.
Programme co-ordinators Charlotte Aitken and Rebecca Bolton said: “We are excited to be starting a new challenge in West Wales and cannot wait to start making differences to other peoples’ lives.”
The programme is open to anyone who is aged 16 or over, unemployed and has a physical or sensory impairment, learning difficulty, autism or mental health disability. It will provide employment advice and support, with the programme tailored around meetings individuals’ needs and career goals.
Glyn Meredith, Director for Wales, Leonard Cheshire said “We are really pleased to be working with Scope to deliver this much needed bespoke employment and support programme – we know this programme will change lives and make a real difference to disabled people in Wales”.
Paul Benson, Partnerships Programme Lead Scope said “Scope and Leonard Cheshire Disability are collaborating in bringing their expertise and experience together to improve the employment prospects of disabled people in Pembrokeshire, Ceredigion and Carmarthenshire through the Working on Wellbeing programme funded by the Welsh Government.”
- Tryweryn – The Welsh village flooded to supply an English city with water by Doug Evans
- Young rugby stars are riding crest of a wave by James Hemingray
- Top ten famous Welsh people by Elfed Jones
- Wales’ longest station name: How it got its name, and what it means by Doug Evans
- Paws for thought: Are there big cats roaming Wales? by Doug Evans
- Brownlee and Matthews bring it home at inaugural Swansea Ironman by James Hemingray
- Up and coming Welsh Trance producer could take US by storm by Thomas Sinclair
- Choir members plan 250-mile cycle ride for Bronglais Chemo Appeal by Cerys Lafferty