Leonard Cheshire Cymru and Scope launch working on wellbeing West Wales
TODAY, Leonard Cheshire Cymru and Scope are proud to launch their partnership programme, Working on Wellbeing: an employment training and support programme for disabled people in Carmarthenshire, Pembrokeshire and Ceredigion. The programme has been funded with a grant provided by Welsh Government.
Programme co-ordinators Charlotte Aitken and Rebecca Bolton said: “We are excited to be starting a new challenge in West Wales and cannot wait to start making differences to other peoples’ lives.”
The programme is open to anyone who is aged 16 or over, unemployed and has a physical or sensory impairment, learning difficulty, autism or mental health disability. It will provide employment advice and support, with the programme tailored around meetings individuals’ needs and career goals.
Glyn Meredith, Director for Wales, Leonard Cheshire said “We are really pleased to be working with Scope to deliver this much needed bespoke employment and support programme – we know this programme will change lives and make a real difference to disabled people in Wales”.
Paul Benson, Partnerships Programme Lead Scope said “Scope and Leonard Cheshire Disability are collaborating in bringing their expertise and experience together to improve the employment prospects of disabled people in Pembrokeshire, Ceredigion and Carmarthenshire through the Working on Wellbeing programme funded by the Welsh Government.”
- Welsh Government relaxes self-isolation for fully-vaccinated adults by Jon Coles
- Welsh councils plunged into housing crisis chaos by Jon Coles
- Top ten famous Welsh people by Elfed Jones
- Prif lwybr i filiwn o siaradwyr Cymraeg mewn perygl o ddirywiad terfynol, meddai’r Ceidwadwyr by Carli Newell
- Main route to one million Welsh speakers in danger of terminal decline, says Conservative by Carli Newell
- Llangolman: Police refuse to release info by Andy Chandler
- Plato’s Theory of Empathy by Jon Coles
- The Scoveston Murders: Following the tracks by Andy Chandler