Home » Met prove too strong for Druids
Football Sport

Met prove too strong for Druids

Photo by Cefn Druids

CARDIFF MET FC earned their third win of the season on Saturday (Oct 2) as they beat Cefn Druids 4-2.

A frantic first half saw five goals scored as the Met went in with a 3-2 lead. They added to their lead in the second half and were able to hold on for the victory.

It was the Druids who took the lead after seven minutes as Max Davidson saw an effort blocked before the ball fell to Ben Wynne who slotted home.

However the lead lasted for just a minute as Emlyn Lewis headed Met level from a corner.

And the scoring wasn’t over there as Adam Roscrow fired in to the bottom left corner of the net from the edge of the area to make it 2-1.

The Druids were not out of it yet though and after 18 minutes the game was level again at 2-2. Wynne grabbed his second of the game as he headed in from a free kick.

On the half hour mark the visitors were shouting for a penalty but nothing was given.

Thomas Price then sent a corner into the box but Matt Chubb’s effort hit the side netting.

With seven minutes to go until half time the Met were back in front as Lewis Rees’ turned on the edge of the box before firing in an effort that was too hot for the Druids keeper to handle.

When the half time whistle went the Met held a 3-2 lead after an exciting first 45 minutes.

Perhaps understandably, there was a slow start to the second half but it was the Druids who had the first chance of the half. However, Wynne, on a hat trick, saw his effort hit the side netting.

Kyle McCarthy then saw a shot deflected over as the home looked to increase their lead.

Wynne tried his luck once more but this time Alex Lang made an excellent save to prevent the ball from going in.

Liam Warman, Eliot Evans and Roscrow all had chances to score for the home side but Druids keeper Neild made some good saves to keep his side in the game.

More chances followed for both sides but the points were finally made safe in stoppage time.

A header back across goal from Harry Owen was headed in off the post by the unfortunate Druids defender.

That sealed a 4-2 win for the Met who moved up to fifth place in the table. On Saturday, October 9, Cardiff Met host Haverfordwest County while the Druids travel to Bala Town.