Three women fined for having hair dyed in beauty spot car park
THREE women who had their hair dyed in a car park near a beauty spot on the Gower Peninsula have been fined.
South Wales Police issued 370 fixed penalty notices over the weekend after the brighter weather saw hundreds of people breaking lockdown regulations.
The three woman were found by police in the car park of Langland Bay on the Gower Peninsula near Swansea.
Under current Covid-19 regulations, those in Wales can only leave home to exercise, which must start and end at their homes.
Some councils have taken to closing beauty spot car parks, to deter rule breakers.
A spokesperson for South Wales Police said: “We know it’s been a very challenging few months for our communities, and we can understand that people will have wanted a change of scenery in order to enjoy the good weather at the weekend.
“But the reality is coronavirus remains a very real threat to us all, and all the whole of Wales continues to be under level four restrictions for a reason.
“The roll out of the vaccine and the recent publication of plans to ease restrictions provides us all with much-needed hope, but i would urge our local communities to continue following the rules that are currently in place.”
- Appeal for witnesses after child sexually assaulted on train in Haverfordwest by Thomas Sinclair
- Top ten famous Welsh people by Elfed Jones
- WG must balance farming priorities by Jon Coles
- Wales’ longest station name: How it got its name, and what it means by Doug Evans
- Trussonomics = Thatcherism 2.0 by Jon Coles
- Wales Six Nations tickets on public sale from September 30 by James Hemingray
- Royal symbols that will need to change now Charles is King by Cerys Lafferty
- Welsh farmer-owned creamery on top of the world after golden hat-trick by Jon Coles