Mark Drakeford responds to news of death of former Welsh Labour MP Llew Smith
RESPONDING to the news of the death of former Blaenau Gwent MP Llew Smith, Welsh Labour Leader and First Minister Mark Drakeford said:
“I’m saddened to hear of Llew’s passing.
“As a Member of the European Parliament and the Member of Parliament for Blaenau Gwent, Llew was a fierce advocate for the communities he represented. He was firm in his beliefs, and never shied from speaking out on the important issues of the day.
“Llew was a radical socialist in the Blaenau Gwent tradition.
“My thoughts are with Llew’s family and friends at this difficult time.”
- Top ten famous Welsh people by Elfed Jones
- Wales’ longest station name: How it got its name, and what it means by Doug Evans
- Wales denied at the death in heart-breaking defeat by James Hemingray
- FIM World Supercross Championships set to roar into Cardiff by James Hemingray
- Tryweryn – The Welsh village flooded to supply an English city with water by Doug Evans
- The Party of Wales has Failed us by Jon Coles
- Wales name team for first Test match against South Africa by James Hemingray
- Premier League clubs RANKED by popularity across social media by Owen Harries