Mark Drakeford responds to news of death of former Welsh Labour MP Llew Smith
RESPONDING to the news of the death of former Blaenau Gwent MP Llew Smith, Welsh Labour Leader and First Minister Mark Drakeford said:
“I’m saddened to hear of Llew’s passing.
“As a Member of the European Parliament and the Member of Parliament for Blaenau Gwent, Llew was a fierce advocate for the communities he represented. He was firm in his beliefs, and never shied from speaking out on the important issues of the day.
“Llew was a radical socialist in the Blaenau Gwent tradition.
“My thoughts are with Llew’s family and friends at this difficult time.”
- Important update on Coronavirus from the Welsh Minister for Health by Andy Chandler
- Llangolman: Herald finds new lead in 45-year-old crime by Andy Chandler
- Warning issued after hairdryer blaze destroys Pwllheli bungalow by Thomas Sinclair
- Liberator: What brought a WW2 bomber down in the Preselis? by Doug Evans
- Three charges and further arrest made following police operation in Welshpool by Carli Newell
- Council submits application for Aberystwyth harbour funding by James Hemingray
- Tree Planting must not Supplant Welsh Farming by Jon Coles
- Gower College Swansea apprenticeship scheme named best in UK by Andy Chandler