POLICE are investigating after an elderly man died in a house fire in Bridgend late on Wednesday, April 21.
South Wales Fire and Rescue were called to the property at 11:50pm with crews from Pencoed and Bridgend responding.
Officers are still at the property, Vernon House Flats, where the victim is believed to have been a resident, whilst they try and ascertain the cause of the blaze.
Family members of the victim are “aware and are being supported,” said a South Wales Police spokesman.
“The fire had spread to the flat above in the two storey block. The incident was declared over at 00:58,” a spokesman said.
“The cause of the fire is under investigation.”
The road is still cordoned off this morning, Thursday April 22.
- Wales make one change for second South Africa test by James Hemingray
- Wales’ longest station name: How it got its name, and what it means by Doug Evans
- Positive chain reaction for young people thanks to new bike scheme by Carli Newell
- Top ten famous Welsh people by Elfed Jones
- No-nonsense investing app launches myth-busting ‘Investing Truth or Scare’ quiz by Cerys Lafferty
- Star Wars: Why the Millennium Falcon was built here in Wales by Doug Evans
- Boris Johnson expected to resign as Prime Minister today by Cerys Lafferty
- WG announces Sustainable Farming Scheme by Cerys Lafferty