FOUR people have been found guilty of murdering a 17-year-old boy at Barry Docks in 2019.

Harry Baker was stabbed nine times at a shipping container yard in a drug turf war in August of 2019.

Newport Crown Court heard how Harry was brutally murdered at a docklands yard after being chased in what was described as ‘a swift, bloody and merciless attack’ .

Six men and one teenage boy all denied murder.

Peter McCarthy, 37, Leon Symons, 23, Leon Clifford, 23 and a 17-year-old boy have all been found guilty of murder.

Raymond Thompson, 48, Ryan Palmer, 34 and Lewis Evans, 62 were found guilty of manslaughter. 

Prosecuting, QC Paul Lewis, told the court how Harry’s body had been found stabbed and clothes stripped from his body by workers arriving for their morning shift.

The court heard how Harry was attacked by drug dealers over a turf war, after he had started selling drugs in the Barry area.

Mr Lewis told the court how Harry was chased for around a mile by an armed and deadly gang. He added: “Harry Baker was deliberately targeted as a victim.”

The court heard how Harry had lost around two litres of blood after he was stabbed.

Dr Deryk James, the forensic pathologist who conducted the post-mortem told the court that Harry had slashes to his face, head, neck, stomach and legs.

Det Ch Insp Andy Miles of South Wales Police described the killing as “a brutal, senseless and calculated attack, which tragically cost a young boy his life”.

He added: “Despite being from a loving family and wanting for nothing, Harry became involved in a dangerous lifestyle – a lifestyle in which more value is placed upon drugs and money than on human life.

“Harry did not deserve the punishment meted out to him that night and his violent death has had a devastating impact on the family and friends he leaves behind.

“Our thoughts remain with them as they now wait to find out the sentences Harry’s killers will receive, and begin to contemplate rebuilding their lives without him.”  

All seven are expected to be sentenced on March 29.