Home » West Wales Cup Round up: Pennar beat Loughor in extra time
22Sport Carmarthenshire Neath Port Talbot Pembrokeshire Sport Sport Sport Swansea West Wales

West Wales Cup Round up: Pennar beat Loughor in extra time

PENNAR Robins went through to the third round of the West Wales Cup on Saturday (Nov 12) as they beat Loughor Rovers 3-2 after extra time.

The game as 0-0 at the break and the opening goal came ten minutes into the second half as Ciaran Morgan scored for Loughor.

With nine minutes to go, Conner Willis levelled the game but neither side could find a winner before the end of the 90 minutes.

Willis scored again to put Pennar ahead in the first period of extra time but Lewis Sherman levelled the game for the visitors.

It looked as if penalties would be needed but with four minutes to go Phil Thompson put Pennar back into the lead and they held on to seal the win.

Elsewhere, Monkton Swifts went through after they beat St Clears. Monkton were 2-0 ahead after 20 minutes but the Saints pulled a goal back through Will Evans. He then scored a penalty 12 minutes into the second half to level the game.

Jamie Wilkes then put the Swifts ahead before a late hat trick from Ben Steele late hat trick sealed a 6-2 win.

Ynystawe proved too strong for Tenby as they beat the Pembrokeshire side 4-2. Tenby had gone ahead through Scott Ferney but Ynystawe levelled before taking a 3-1 lead. Daryl Mansbridge pulled a goal back for Tenby but Casey Coughlin’s late goal sealed the win for the hosts.

Tumble went through with a 5-1 win over Gors, CRC Olympic beat Crown Park Suburbs 15-2 and Plough Colts earned a 9-1 win over Caerbryn.

Carew went through with a 2-1 win over Cwm Wanderers. Marcus Griffiths put Carew ahead on the 13th minute but Jacob Sadler levelled midway through the second half.

online casinos UK

James Hinchliffe then put Carew back ahead with fifteen minutes to go and the Pembrokeshire side held on for the win.

Penlan eased through with a 4-0 win over Bryncoch and Pontlliw won by the same scoreline against CKSV.

Waunarlwydd Galaxy went through as they beat Giants Grave 5-3 after extra time.

Brynawel also went through with an extra time win over Pwll Athletic. The game had finished 2-2 after 90 minutes but Brynawel scored three goals in the first half of extra time to all but seal the win.

There is one more second round tie to be played and it sees Trostre hosting Hakin United. That game is set to take place on Saturday, November 26.

The third round draw has already been completed and those games are set to take place on Saturday, December 3.