TWO men are in police custody after they were arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm after we received a report of an assault in Bargoed at around 11.30am on Sunday, September 12.
Gwent Police are investigating a report of an assault in Park View, Bargoed at around 11.30am on Sunday, September 12, after a group of men were reportedly seen fighting.
Officers attended, along with paramedics from the Welsh Ambulance Service and Welsh Air Ambulance Service.
Detective Chief Inspector Andrew Tuck said: “A 44-year-old man from the Bargoed area was taken to the University Hospital of Wales in Cardiff by ambulance, where he is receiving treatment for a head injury.
“We’ve arrested a 47-year-old man from the Nelson area and a 31-year-old man from the New Tredegar area on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm and are currently in police custody.
“Enquiries are ongoing at this time and you may see a number of our officers out and about in the Bargoed area as this work continues.
“Anyone with information that could assist our investigation is asked to call Gwent Police on 101, quoting log reference 2100321684.
“You can also send us a direct message on Facebook or Twitter. Alternatively, you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously by calling 0800 555 111.”
- Sewage released into Welsh beaches after heatwave by Cerys Lafferty
- Wales’ longest station name: How it got its name, and what it means by Doug Evans
- Tryweryn – The Welsh village flooded to supply an English city with water by Doug Evans
- Top ten famous Welsh people by Elfed Jones
- Llanegwad woman cycles 106 miles for charity after her sister is diagnosed with cancer by Cerys Lafferty
- Merthyr Tydfil Enterprise Centre (MTEC) sees 36% rise in new business registrations by James Hemingray
- Top Welsh cheesemaker bounces back from pandemic with £71M record sales by Cerys Lafferty
- RSPB accreditation for nine Barratt show home gardens by James Hemingray