PONTARDDULAIS Town booked their place in the second round of the West Wales Cup on Saturday (Oct 9) as they beat Milford United 4-0 at Marble Hall.
The West Wales Premier League side made the trip to Pembrokeshire on the back of three straight defeats in the league and they came up against a Milford side buoyed by their 5-0 win away at Solva the previous week.
However, it was the Bont that took the lead after 21 minutes as Korey Palmer set up Joel Beynon to open the scoring.
There was still one goal in it when the half time whistle went and Milford were still very much in the game.
Hopes of a turnaround took a blow nine minutes into the second half though as Beynon turned provider for Cameron Davies to double Bont’s lead.
Iestyn Rees made it 3-0 with just under 20 minutes to go and he ensured the Bont’s passage into round two when he scored his second with five minutes to go.
The draw for the second round has seen Pontarddulais drawn away to Cwm Wanderers. That tie will take place on Saturday, November 6.
- Sewage released into Welsh beaches after heatwave by Cerys Lafferty
- Wales’ longest station name: How it got its name, and what it means by Doug Evans
- Tryweryn – The Welsh village flooded to supply an English city with water by Doug Evans
- Llanegwad woman cycles 106 miles for charity after her sister is diagnosed with cancer by Cerys Lafferty
- Top ten famous Welsh people by Elfed Jones
- Merthyr Tydfil Enterprise Centre (MTEC) sees 36% rise in new business registrations by James Hemingray
- RSPB accreditation for nine Barratt show home gardens by James Hemingray
- Top Welsh cheesemaker bounces back from pandemic with £71M record sales by Cerys Lafferty