WALES Women’s rugby team will take on Canada later this month and the match will be shown live and exclusively on S4C.
With preparations for this year’s Rugby World Cup already underway, Ioan Cunningham and his team will fly across the Atlantic for a week-long training camp in Canada. At the end of the week, they will take on Canada, the team currently ranked fourth in the world, in Halifax on Saturday, August 27.
S4C will be the only place to watch the game on television, with coverage beginning at 8.45pm and kick off at 9.00pm. There will also be English commentary available during the match.
Catrin Heledd will present the programme from the studio, with pitchside reporter Lauren Jenkins bringing the latest news and reaction. Gareth Charles and Dyddgu Hywel will be in the commentary box, with Ken Owens and Catrin Edwards analysing the action.
The match will be shown live on S4C, S4C Clic and BBC iPlayer. Whisper Cymru will produce match coverage for S4C.
- Cwmgors seal first win by James Hemingray
- Appeal for witnesses after child sexually assaulted on train in Haverfordwest by Thomas Sinclair
- Top ten famous Welsh people by Elfed Jones
- Wales’ longest station name: How it got its name, and what it means by Doug Evans
- Tryweryn – The Welsh village flooded to supply an English city with water by Doug Evans
- Top honour and emotional trip down memory lane for music festival boss by Carli Newell
- Swansea entrepreneur swimming in success after launch of sustainable fashion label by Cerys Lafferty
- The forgotten Welsh Christmas Tradition – Mari Lwyd by Cerys Lafferty