Could you rehome fun and friendly ferrets from RSPCA Llys Nini Branch?
VALENTINE’S Day may be over – but can you feel the love for Doris and Ronnie?
The furry duo met each other at RSPCA Llys Nini Animal Centre in Swansea after they were found separately as strays – and they’re now inseparable.
Ronnie is a friendly two-year-old male ferret who staff say is a joy to be around. He loves a good snooze, playing with his toys and a fuss! Beautiful Doris, who is nearly one-and-a-half, loves to play with her toys and run through tunnels.
Gary Weeks, Llys Nini Animal Centre manager, said: “We call these two ferrets our ‘rays of sunshine’ at the centre.
“They met each other at our centre, and it has been lovely to witness their bond bloom as they are now inseparable.”
The pair love to play together with their toys and run through tunnels and would be suitable for a first time ferret owner, although Doris can be a little territorial over her space.
Ronnie is a sweet, friendly guy who is looking for a loving, fun new family.
Gary said they hope a forever home is just around the corner for them both.
He added: “If you are interested in Doris and Ronnie please get in touch. They are going to make a lovely addition to a family and although we will miss them, we are looking forward to the day they are heading home.”
- Ferrets (Mustela putorius furo) belong to the carnivore family of the Mustelidae. Despite their rather misunderstood nature, they have recently become very popular pets for their charming and cheeky characters.
Ferrets enjoy exploring
- Ferrets are very curious and will test out most items with their mouths.
Ferrets are sociable
- Domestic ferrets are sociable and usually enjoy living in groups, although this does depend on the individual animals.
Ferrets like sleeping
- A healthy ferret may sleep between 18 and 20 hours a day.
Ferrets use a range of methods to communicate
- As well as using smell to hunt, ferrets use scent to communicate with each other.
- Ferrets also use postures and vocalisations to indicate how they’re feeling.
- Cwmgors seal first win by James Hemingray
- Top ten famous Welsh people by Elfed Jones
- Appeal for witnesses after child sexually assaulted on train in Haverfordwest by Thomas Sinclair
- Tryweryn – The Welsh village flooded to supply an English city with water by Doug Evans
- Wales’ longest station name: How it got its name, and what it means by Doug Evans
- Ten-man Rangers hold on to win seven-goal thriller by James Hemingray
- Swansea entrepreneur swimming in success after launch of sustainable fashion label by Cerys Lafferty
- Top honour and emotional trip down memory lane for music festival boss by Carli Newell