Newly appointed managing director for Network Rail Wales & Western
NETWORK RAIL has this week (Mar 3) announced that Michelle Handforth, has been appointed as the new managing director for the Wales & Western region. Michelle, currently the chief executive of Aberdeen Harbour Board, will join Wales & Western in the summer.
Michelle has had a wide-ranging international career in several sectors including aviation, rail, maritime, financial services and the oil and gas industry. She previously held roles at Great North Eastern Railways as commercial director and with First Group as a strategic lead on franchise bids. She brings with her over 20 years’ Board experience in customer service, safety, transport infrastructure and innovation.
Michelle Handforth said: “I’m delighted to be appointed as managing director of Wales & Western and to return to the rail industry at such a critical time. I look forward to working with colleagues and industry partners to welcome passengers back to the railway by providing the best possible service.”
Andrew Haines, chief executive of Network Rail said: “I’m pleased we could bring Michelle back into the rail industry. It’s been a difficult year and she’ll bring a fresh perspective to help us navigate through these challenging times.”
- Abergeirw: The last village in Wales to get electricity by Doug Evans
- Wales’ longest station name: How it got its name, and what it means by Doug Evans
- Top ten famous Welsh people by Elfed Jones
- Welsh Government paid £1m over asking price for farm by Jon Coles
- Warning of serious disruption on M4 and M5 today due to fuel prices protest by heraldwales
- Tryweryn – The Welsh village flooded to supply an English city with water by Doug Evans
- Swansea Building Society marks milestone by donating to food banks by Cerys Lafferty
- Indigo Premiership fixtures released for 2022/23 season by James Hemingray