Joyriders fail to pull over for police and roll stolen Kia Picanto
JOYRIDERS crashed a car they allegedly stole after hitting an embankment, South Wales Police have confirmed.
Two people have been arrested after a silver Kia Picanto was reported stolen in the Maesteg area just before 10pm on Thursday (Mar 18).
The car was sighted in Rhydyfelin by officers on routine patrol at approximately 11pm.
The vehicle failed to stop when blue lighted by police.
At 11.35pm, during the pursuit, the stolen Picanto hit an embankment and overturned in a lane near in Heol Y Bwnsi.
Officers for South Wales Police roads policing unit shared pictures of the damage to the car and showing that the vehicle ended up on its roof on social media.
A spokesman for the force said: “A 28-year-old man and a 16 year-old boy were arrested in connection with the incident and remain in police custody. No-one was seriously hurt.”
- Wales U20 name side to face Italy in group decider by James Hemingray
- Top ten famous Welsh people by Elfed Jones
- Swansea star given Junior Wimbledon wildcard by James Hemingray
- Wales’ longest station name: How it got its name, and what it means by Doug Evans
- Wrexham AFC sign goalkeeper Mark Howard by James Hemingray
- No-nonsense investing app launches myth-busting ‘Investing Truth or Scare’ quiz by Cerys Lafferty
- Two Welsh Ambulance staff cycling from Cardiff to Paris by James Hemingray
- Werndale Hospital recognised for outstanding patient care in national award by Cerys Lafferty