A LARGE farm fire has killed up to 16,000 chickens at a farm in mid Wales.
Fire crews from Mid and West Wales Fire and Rescue Service were called to the agricultural blaze in a large metal shed near Llanfair Caereinion, near Welshpool in Powys, at about 23:30 HRS on Thursday (Mar 25).
The fire, which had engulfed a shed measuring 262ft (80m) by 66ft (20m), was brought under control by 03:30, fire officials said.
Mid and West Wales Fire and Rescue Service added: “A second shed, also containing about 16,000 chickens, was unaffected by the blaze.
The spokesperson addd:” Six appliances helped fight the fire and officers added an investigation will begin once the wreckage had cooled down.”
- Top ten famous Welsh people by Elfed Jones
- Wales’ longest station name: How it got its name, and what it means by Doug Evans
- Abergeirw: The last village in Wales to get electricity by Doug Evans
- Wales U20 name side to face Italy in group decider by James Hemingray
- A Big Wild Summer with RSPB Cymru by Cerys Lafferty
- Two Welsh Ambulance staff cycling from Cardiff to Paris by James Hemingray
- Star Wars: Why the Millennium Falcon was built here in Wales by Doug Evans
- Premier League clubs RANKED by popularity across social media by Owen Harries