PONTARDDULAIS TOWN earned their fifth win of the season on Saturday (Mar 19) as they beat Dafen 4-2 in the West Wales Premier League.
Before the match both teams came together to pay tribute to the victims of the war in Ukraine with the country’s national anthem being played.
Shaun Harris scored the only goal of the first half as he scored on 22 minutes.
C. Davies doubled the Bont’s lead 12 minutes into the second half but three minutes later Dafen were awarded a penalty.
Elliot Jones scoed it to bring Dafen back in the game but it was the visitors who grabbed the next goal as Joel Beynon scored to restore the Bont’s two goal cushion.
Dafen hit back again though through S.Evans as the home side held hopes of getting something out of the game.
Four minutes from time though J.Jones scored to make it 4-2 to the visitors and to all but seal the points.
They held on and the win sees them move up to eighth place in the West Wales Premier League table.
Dafen are in action on Saturday, March 26, as they travel to Underhill Park to take on Mumbles Rangers in the second round of the West Wales Premier Cup, kick off 2pm.
Pontarddulais are also in action on Saturday as they host South Gower in the league.
- Wales U20 name side to face Italy in group decider by James Hemingray
- Top ten famous Welsh people by Elfed Jones
- Swansea star given Junior Wimbledon wildcard by James Hemingray
- Wales’ longest station name: How it got its name, and what it means by Doug Evans
- Wrexham AFC sign goalkeeper Mark Howard by James Hemingray
- Two Welsh Ambulance staff cycling from Cardiff to Paris by James Hemingray
- No-nonsense investing app launches myth-busting ‘Investing Truth or Scare’ quiz by Cerys Lafferty
- Colwyn Bay ace gets Wimbledon experience by James Hemingray