ST CLEARS were one of several teams to book their place in the first round proper of the WRU Bowl on Saturday (Jan 22).
The Saints earned an excellent 34-0 win over Wrexham. They held a 15-0 lead at the break and continued their good play in the second half.
Dan griffiths scored two tries for the home side while Jac Howells, Gareth Jones and Gethin Lewis also went over for tries. Dafydd Waters added a penalty and three conversions.
Elsewhere, Abertysswg had a walkover against Colwyn Bay while St Albans won 31-7 away at Bryncoch.
Fairwater set up a second round tie with Pembrokeshire side Haverfordwest with a 17-10 win over Abertillery BG. Haverfordwest won their game against Tylorstown 34-5.
Llanharan were the biggest winners of the day with an 83-17 win over Penlan.
The final preliminary round game saw Usk earn a 17-11 win away at Trimsaran.
The first round games will take place on Saturday, February 19 and are listed below.
|Aberavon Green Stars||v||Llandeilo|
|RTB Ebbw Vale||v||Swansea Uplands|
- Wales make one change for second South Africa test by James Hemingray
- Wales’ longest station name: How it got its name, and what it means by Doug Evans
- Top ten famous Welsh people by Elfed Jones
- No-nonsense investing app launches myth-busting ‘Investing Truth or Scare’ quiz by Cerys Lafferty
- WG announces Sustainable Farming Scheme by Cerys Lafferty
- Boris Johnson expected to resign as Prime Minister today by Cerys Lafferty
- Premier League clubs RANKED by popularity across social media by Owen Harries
- Tryweryn – The Welsh village flooded to supply an English city with water by Doug Evans