DYFED-POWYS POLICE is appealing for information after a fatal collision on the A40 on Thursday night (February 25).
Officers responded to a collision involving a cyclist and a van on the A40 westbound near Bancyfelin at around 6:40pm.
A Police spokesperson added: “Tragically the female cyclist died at the scene. Our thoughts are with her family at this time.
“The driver of the van was arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving, and is currently in police custody. Enquiries into the circumstances of the collision are ongoing, and any witnesses are asked to come forward.
“If you saw the incident and have not yet spoken with police, if you saw the cyclist or van prior to the collision, or have dash cam footage, please contact the Serious Collision Unit as soon as possible.”
- Wales U20 announce squad for Georgia clash by James Hemingray
- Award-winning dairy farmer endorses value of apprenticeships by Cerys Lafferty
- Top ten famous Welsh people by Elfed Jones
- Welsh Government paid £1m over asking price for farm by Jon Coles
- Knauf announces new factory plans by Cerys Lafferty
- Wales’ longest station name: How it got its name, and what it means by Doug Evans
- Car wash visits helping tackle modern slavery by Carli Newell
- Wrexham AFC purchase Racecourse Ground by James Hemingray