Home » Dunvant let off by last gasp miss

Dunvant let off by last gasp miss

Scrum Time: Dunvant v Gorseinon
Scrum Time: Dunvant v Gorseinon
Scrum Time: Dunvant v Gorseinon

WRU League One

West Gorseinon 19

Dunvant 21

DUNVANT battled hard against a strong Gors pack to turn a 7-0 deficit into 7-18 lead before Gorseinon fought back to 19-21 missing a vital conversion that would’ve tied the game.

It was 5 years ago when Gorseinon recorded 2 victories over Dunvant and since then Dunvant have won all 5 games, 4 in 2011 and 1 last October.

This time around they t had to make some late changes with flanker Gareth Cadmore unavailable due to his partner giving birth the night before with James Davies unavailable and Richard Lewis on Wales Deaf duty with Sam Gallagher against England.

online casinos UK

With only eight minutes on the clock Gorseinon scored a well worked try with wing Luke Cross converted by full back Rhodri Phelps for 7-0. 4 minutes later it looked as if Gorseinon had scored again but were brought back for a penalty on the 10-metre line with which Phelps almost scored, the ball bouncing back off the upright.

It was almost half an hour before Dunvant started to get the game under control and were rewarded with a penalty 30 metres in front of goal which full back Adam Williams- Parry kicked over for 7-3 and a further penalty moved the score to 7-6 at the interval.

Dunvant restarted the 2nd half with the wind in support and within 8 minutes with the pack driving over the line for a try by loose-head prop Sam Martin, which was comfortably converted.

Two minutes later a kick across field to Williams-Parry out in space near halfway saw him thunder down the touchline to run in and score, converting his own try for 7-18.

Moments later, Gorseinon looked as if they were scoring out near the left hand corner but the referee ran under the posts for a penalty try, converted by Phelps for 14-18.

With 10 minutes to go Dunvant won another scrum penalty and Adam kicked it over from 35 metres for 14-21. Gorseinon then upped the pressure again and with 2 minutes to go scored another try, needing the conversion to draw level but Phelps was wide, meaning Dunvant triumphed by a slender margin.